When the cold season comes, dishes with ginger appear on our table. It warms, strengthens and gives strength. Soup is one of the options where ginger goes well with the spicy Thai fresh seasonings and the sweetness of coconut milk. I must say that this soup is prepared very quickly, which is important in the rhythm of our lives. Let’s cook together.
Coconut Chicken Soup
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 4 stalks of lemon grass (lemongrass)
- 2 fresh lime leaves (kaffir lime leaves)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 green chili peppers
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1/2 lime juice
- Wash lemon grass, clear the light part of dry leaves, beat off with a hammer and chop finely. Folding the lime leaves in half, remove the vein and cut into very thin stripes. Peel and chop the ginger. Chili cut in half, remove seeds and chop finely.
- Bring coconut milk, broth, ginger, lemon grass and lime leaves to a boil and cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts, chili, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- Serve with white rice. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Enjoy your meal!