And again New Year and Christmas is coming soon… The clinking of glasses, splashes of champagne and a solemnly filled festive table. These days are like a relay race: from one dish to another, without a break and rest. But even when it seems that there is no more space, in some miraculous way, after all the salads, caviar, meat and vegetables, you still manage to cram in a few pieces of cake. Without this, nowhere. After all, as they say: as you celebrate the New Year, so you will spend it. So let the next year be sweet for everyone.
Chocolate Raspberry Roll (Christmas Log)
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup grated dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp caster sugar extra
- 1 1/4 cups whipped cream
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a rectangular shape with oil. Line the bottom and sides with greased parchment paper.
- Beat eggs for 4-5 minutes or until thick, light mass. Gradually add sugar, whisking constantly until a light yellow shiny mass is obtained.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Using a metal spoon, quickly mix the sifted flour, cocoa, chocolate and water. Put the mixture into a mold; smooth the surface. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a damp kitchen towel. Sprinkle with extra sugar. Turn the biscuit over onto paper and leave for 2 minutes. Roll it up with paper, leave for 5 minutes. Expand the biscuit, remove the paper. Spread with whipped cream and raspberries. Roll up again. Trim the edges and decorate the top.