Mardi Gras has come! And that means it’s time to cook pancakes and temporarily forget about all sorts of diets, because if the “carnival is fed up well, money will come.”
How many people, so many pancake recipes. And every woman has to find the proper one herself, through trial and error. For pancakes – a delicate matter: the same recipe in different houses obtained in different ways.
The flour can be different, eggs may be of different sizes, with different milk fat content and as a result – completely different batter. Further important how the pancakes are made: on which type of pan, on a gas or electric stove. So all pancakes taste different!
I am always so happy to tuck into both cheeks mother’s pancakes – everything what my mummy cooks taste temptingly delicious. My sons love pancakes, which I bake. This dependence was always and this will last forever or until mothers will stop cooking (what will never ever come).
Wish you all the best in Carnival!
Pancakes pouches with meatballs
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 150 g ground beef
- 100 g minced chicken
- 1 raw yolk
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/4 onion, grated
- 1 slice of white bread
- 50 ml of milk
- salt pepper
Spring onions to tie the pouches
- For the pancake batter, whip the egg with sugar and salt. Add milk, vegetable oil and mix well. Then add flour gradually and mix the batter of a consistency of liquid yogurt.
- For the filling, mix chicken and ground beef together, add pressed garlic, grated onion (juice), seasonings, yolk and knead by hand. U
- Using the blender prepare the fresh breadcrumbs. Mix with the milk and leave for 5 minutes to soak.
- Combine the meat with soaked breadcrumbs and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the pancakes in a small pan with a diameter of 10 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line the baking sheet with baking paper and grease it with vegetable oil. Roll small balls out of minced meat (use a teaspoon so that the balls are the same size). Transfer them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the bags scald the spring onions with boiling water.
- Spread the pancakes with cream cheese, put the meatballs in the middle of the pancake, collect the edge of the pancake and tie it with spring onions like a bag.