City of birth: Naples, Italy
Year of birth: 1522
Place of becoming famous: US
This is one of the easiest food I make every Saturday for my family. Always delicious, and always favorite. My kids say that “mommy’s pizza is the best in the world”.
Loving experimenting with the food I am cooking, pizza is not an exception. Using different types of flour, adding few more ingredients into the dough – and a classic pizza’s recipe turns into a healthy version with new flavors and taste experience.
Add steamed blended spinach to the dough (keeping all ingredients and proportions as follows in the recipe, adding just a little more flour to keep the consistency of the dough) and use seeded malted bread flour with sunflower, pumpkin and millet seeds instead of white wheat flour – and you will get my kids’ favorite “green pizza Margarita”
For lunch-boxes you can make PIZZETTI: mini-pizzas perfectly sized to kids lunch-boxes.
Be creative and enjoy!
Basic dough (thin) pizza (3 large pizzas)
1. Put the yeast in a small glass or plastic bowl, add sugar and pour 120 ml of warm water (36-37 C). Gently stir with a wooden spoon until the yeast dissolve. Set aside for 15 minutes (they increase their volume by almost 2 times).
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large glass, plastic or ceramic bowl. Pour the yeast mixed with sugar and water, olive oil and water to obtain a sufficiently stiff dough.
3. Sprinkle the desk by the flour. Put the dough from the bowl and form it into a ball.
4. Knead dough for 8-10 minutes or longer. When it stops clinging to the hands, throw the dough a few times on the table to activate the gluten.
5. The properly prepared dough should be smooth consistency, with air bubbles under the surface. Put the dough in oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Set aside for 1 hour.
6. Divide the dough into 3 parts. Knead with hands until the desired size. Put pizza base on a baking round tim with holes (diameter 30 cm), greased with vegetable oil or covered by baking paper. Stretch the dough by the fingers to the brim.
7. For pizzetti cut the dough into a small circles:
8. By pressing the dough to the edges of sheet, make a ring through which stops the ingredients from falling down while cooking.
9. Put the tomato sauce and other ingredients to taste. Set aside a pizza for a few minutes, and then bake in the oven, preheated to 200 ° C
Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes.
During kneading the dough, throw it a few times on the table to activate the gluten.
2013-2022 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved