Hello everybody! After our holidays in Belarus, naturally in our everyday menu potatoes 😁 started to play the main role. After all, we can cook from it so many interesting dishes! So do not be surprised that in the nearest future my posts will praise this golden tuber – potatoes! And of course I will share some secrets of cooking.
Today I cooked a potato pie with apples! In taste it reminds charlotte cake, only there is very little flour and the consistency is more like a pudding. To keep the cake in shape, you just need to let it cool. Very tasty and children like. By the way, you can cut out different figures and put It in a school lunch box.
Cook with me!
Potato and apple pie
- 2 big potatoes for boiling
- 2 big apples
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- peel from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Boil the potatoes in the peel and clean them. For a better consistency of the pie let the potatoes cool down, and then rub on a small grater.
- Remove the skin from apples, rubbed on a coarse grater, mix with potatoes.
- Add the egg (whipped with sugar until thick), cold melted butter, salt, soda and baking powder, cinnamon, lemon zest, flour.
- All this stir thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C. Pour the mold for pies with oiled paper, sprinkle with breadcrumbs or polenta. It is best to use a square shape of about 23 x 23 cm. The high of pie should be around 2,5 cm then it will be easy to bake. Put the dough into the prepared form and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour at a temperature of 160 ° C.
- When the pie is cooled, cut into pieces, sprinkle with icing sugar or decorate with cream.