Noodles are one of the best dishes for kids. Kids love them plain, with sauces, with meat or with vegetables, fried and boiled. Our kids prefer them to have in Japanese style: with some basic vegetables and home-made sauce. It is the winner for lunch box as well.
Japanese style noodles
- 150 g Japanese style chow mein
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- (Chicken or minced beef is optional)
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp mirin or sushi seasoning
- Heat oil in a wok.
- If using meat – fry first in a wok for few minutes and then follow the instructions.
- Add noodles, grated carrot and fry them for 5 min.
- Mix well all ingredients for sauce and add to noodles.
- Fry for few more minutes and serve hot.