I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but I love discovering new flavors and simply experimenting in my kitchen.
Currently my mother-in-law is visiting us in Dubai for school spring break. She is Polish (from the North-West) and I should say that it is very popular to have scramble eggs for a breakfast there.
So I decided to surprise her and prepare scrambled… but not eggs. I didn’t say anyone what they will have for breakfast and when I put the plates on the table, my husband and my mother-in-law were sure that it just simple scramble eggs with veggies and home-made buns.
After a while I asked them if they know what they were eating. At this moment all froze gaping at me.
– Sure? You know I can’t eat eggs for a while. And I remember you don’t eat egg whites as well. Do you think I could serve smth you can’t eat?
– I thought you’ve made an exception this time.
– Nope 😉
– It tastes like eggs!
– It is tofu!!! Scrambled tofu with veggies and spices.
I should say that it was really very interesting experiment with unexpected result: no-one even thought that the breakfast was not from eggs, but tofu.
It is worth to try!
(For 4 portions)
1.Chop the onions and fry them on low heat on the pre-heated pan with vegetable oil.
2. Add some salt, thyme (optional) and cook until they become translucent.
3. Crumble firm tofu by hands and put to fried onion. Add turmeric, tamari, salt and black pepper, mix well (the tofu becomes yellow colored) and fry on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile slice sun-dried tomatoes, chop parsley and add to the tofu. Fry for 3-4 minutes and the scrambled tofu is ready.
Slice bread (I baked gluten-free buns), put some slices of avocado, then – scrambled tofu, drizzle with vegan mayo, dried onions or sesame seeds. Add some vegetables (We had tomatoes and voila! The breakfast is served 😉
2013-2023 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved