Sometimes you just dream about some snack. Of course, it could be a regular bread or crackers, chips and so on. However, when you try to limit yourself with gluten, the question arises – how can I replace bread? I have already shared the recipe of spinach bread which can be used for some rolls and sandwiches with egg, salmon, cheese, but it is not suitable to the salad.
Luckily inspiration came to me just after polenta chips we ordered in one restaurant. As recently polenta is hard to find in Dubai, I had to find a substitute from what is available. So I used millet! The result pleased me.
- 2 cups millet
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs mix
- a pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml cream + 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the garlic. Rinse millet.
- Bring the broth to a boil, add millet, seasonings, garlic, salt, pepper to it. Cook on the low heat, stirring, until the mass absorbs liquid.
- On the prepared baking sheet put the millet, cool a little. Mix cream with egg and salt. Pour the porridge and insert into the oven for baking for 25-30 minutes at a temperature of 200C.