Good day to everyone!
Sometimes the muse come to me as a life guard when I am really tired, exhausted and nervous. In the moment I cross the entrance to the kitchen with an idea for a new recipe I change to a different person: calm, patient and always smiling. This works as the best therapy!
This cake appeared in such conditions! I came to kitchen and knew what I would make: a cake from chestnut puree, yogurt, chocolate, using an old fashion way to make a cake to rise: baking soda slaked in lemon juice instead baking powder. It gives a different cake’s structure – softer and sponger.
Bake the cake mixture immediately if using baking soda otherwise the cake may not rise.
Chestnut puree plays a main role in this recipe. It has starchy, sweet and rich flavor.
They are rich in sources of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients that immensely benefit health. Chestnuts, unlike other nuts and seeds, are relatively low in calories and fats.
🍀 Use KEFIR instead of yogurt: mix baking soda with the flour without slaking in lemon juice and add 200 ml of kefir to the mixture directly. Then follow the recipe.
🍀 Use POTATO PUREE instead chestnut (200 g) and follow the recipe. Add a little more flour if needed
🍀 Use some SPICES as CINNAMON (1/2 tsp) and CARDAMON (1/2 tsp): just mix them with flour and follow the recipe.
🍀 Use WHOLEWHEAT, COCONUT, SPELT or MIXTURE OF FLOUR instead of all purpose one. In this case you could need more flour (+1/2 cup more) than noted in recipe.
Be creative and BON APPETITE!
1.Pre-heat an oven till 200 C.
2. Put chestnut puree to a big bowl. Add grated butter.
3. Whip eggs with salt, sugar and vanilla sugar till thick consistency.
4. Melt chocolate with a spoon of milk on a low heat till creamy consistency.
5. Pour egg mixture to chestnut puree and butter. Add yogurt, melted chocolate, baking soda slaked in lemon juice and flour. Mix well.
6. Put the mass into the baking tray layered with baking paper, slightly buttered.
7. Bake in the oven in the temperature of 200 C for 30 minutes.
8. Cool down and decorate with icing and fruits.
2013-2022 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved