And finally we have SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!! Oh, we can have “Pajamas day” every day, without going outside, seeing people, just do whatever we want!
We still have few weeks before traveling so I really need to think about emptying the fridge and home food stock. I found butter in the fridge, cooking chocolate, almond flour. Probably it is possible to use these ingredients for savory dish, but I wanted to make my kids happy and bake them something they want. They ordered a chocolate cake. So I’ve created a new recipe for that. And as the result was really fantastic I’ve decided to write the recipe on my blog.
Moreover it is really very rare when my older son wants a cake. He actually ate a cake only twice in his life: once on the birthday party of our friend (pineapple cake) and once he liked my home-made cake with buttercream and meringue. Other cakes he smelled and politely said “no, thank you”.
But this time he asked a second, and a third portion!!!!
The texture is non-mistakable, moist, soft, with a little crunchiness coming from almond flour. Not too sweets but for sure very chocolate!
Unmistakable! Easy to made! Super-moist!
I thought how to name it! And when I took a picture I understood that it looked like garden bed!!!
In this cake you can easily substitute some ingredients.
Eggs = Flex Eggs (vegan option) 2 tbsp grounded flexseeds mix with 4 tbsp of warm water. Wait for 10 minutes.
Chocolate rice milk = any vegan or regular milk
Butter = ghee or vegetable butter
Coconut sugar = brown sugar
1. Mix dry ingredients together: almond and all purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Whip eggs with vanilla sugar until it will double the size.
3. Add whipped eggs into dry mixture, pour in milk and rapeseed oil. Mix well.
4. For chocolate sauce melt the chocolate with milk and butter.
5. Add few spoons of chocolate sauce into the batter. Mix well.
6. Heat an oven till 160C while batter rests.
7. Put the batter to the round battered cake tin (20×4 cm).
8. Bake 15-20 minutes in the temperature of 160C.
9. Meanwhile make a buttercream with icing sugar https://inthefamilypot.com/2019/07/buttercream/
10. Once cake is done, cool it down a little then cut into 2 layers. The top layer crumble by hands.
11. While the cake is still warm, put the buttercream on the top of bottom layer.
12. Then add strawberry jam and mix it with buttercream by spoon a little. This buttercream and strawberry jam mixture will melt that gives the guaranteed moistness to the cake.
13. Cover the bottom layer with the 1/2 of crumble. Pour by the chocolate sauce and cover it with the rest of crumble.
14. Decorate with fruits and leaves.
2013-2022 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved