Time to time an inspiration finds me by itself and push to create something tasty in my kitchen. Yesterday the impulse came from the school needs. For the school year end party parents have to choose something from the list prepared by teachers and bring it to the school. As I came late the only thing left on the list was hummus. Certainly it would be easy to buy hummus in the shop or restaurant, but it is not me! I can’t just buy, I have to make it!
And here it is! Beetroot and strawberry hummus. Yummy!!!!
Beets and strawberry hummus
(For 2-3 portions)
- 1 baked beetroot
- 1/2 can (200 g) chick peas with liquid
- 2 big strawberry
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 very small garlic clove
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Wrap uncleaned beets in aluminium foil and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 190C.
- Once the beets are soft remove from the oven and cool down a little bit in a foil. Then remove it and clean the beets.
- Chop the beet and put in a blender. Add there chick peas with liquid, strawberries, tahini, garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Blend it until smooth consistency.
- Serve with flat bread or bread sticks.