Several products, a little imagination and a pinch of exotic – and we get Thai rice pudding. The hero of this dish is rice and should it be glutinous, then the pidding will be really sticky.
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 cups water
- 200 ml coconut milk for desserts (scented candle coconut milk)
- 6 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 mango
To prepare rice pudding:
- Rinse the rice with cold water several times until the water becomes clear. Pour water (to close the rice completely) and set aside for 1 hour.
- Without pouring out water, add a little more, put on a slow fire and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time so as not to burn.
- Separately mix coconut milk, sugar and salt. Stir and add to the rice.
- Cook, stirring, another 15-20 minutes. Ready rice should be a consistency of thick pudding.
To prepare mango puree:
- Fresh mango cut with a knife along the stone. Carefully squeeze a tablespoon under the skin over the stone and delicately squeeze it along the stone from both sides, separating the flesh.
- Put mango into a blender and grind it to puree.
To put a dessert together:
- Put rice pudding in a deep dessert dish, top with a few spoons of mango puree and decorate with fresh mango. Before serving, put in the refrigerator.