When I see a beautiful pumpkin in the shop, I can not just pass by, be sure I will buy it. Apparently, I still believe that the pumpkin can become a carriage. But because it is not, I have to cook something from that beauty. This time I baked the pumpkin and made fritters with sweet potatoes.
Pumpkin and sweet potato fritters
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small pumpkin (about 200 g)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- salt to taste
- butter and vegetable oil for baking
- Sour cream for serving
- Clean the pumpkin from seeds and peel, cut into slices, put on oiled parchment paper and bake until soft for about 30-40 minutes.
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes to a big bowl. Squeeze it a little.
- Grind the pumpkin in a blender until smooth, add eggs, breadcrumbs and salt. Stir again in a blender.
- Transfer the mixture to the potato. Add thyme and garlic, as well as grated cheese. Mix well.
- Roll small balls from the vegetable batter, flatten slightly and put on a baking sheet covered with oiled baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 180C. Serve warm with sour cream.