Hello again! As often happens, that buying a melon in the store, we expect too much from it 😂. Whatever one may say, I get a sweet melon once in five. And it always covers such disappointment. Especially when you still remember the taste of honey melon from childhood, where you could eat all by yourself.
And immediately there is a question on the eponymous poem of N.G. Chernyshevsky, “What should I do?”. Well, do not throw out the same.
Definitely! Simply prepare a salad with spinach leaves (if not, replace with any leaf salad), cheese halloumi and grapes. It is good to have ghee for roasting cheese, but if not – replace with butter and a drop of vegetable oil.
Spinach salad with halloumi cheese and melon
What we need:
- leaves of young spinach
- 1 small sweet melon
- 200 g of halloumi cheese with mint
- 1 tsp of ghee for frying
- zest from 1 orange
- 10 black grapes
What to do:
- Wash the melon, cut along and take out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into slices and peel. Then cut the melon into cubes or medium sized pieces.
- Cut cheese into cubes and fry until golden crust on ghee (it gives a very interesting and unrestricted taste of salad).
- Put pieces of melon in a bowl, add sliced halves or quarters grapes, orange zest (orange should be scalded with boiling water and cleaned with a brush to remove the wax used when transporting fruits). Top with halloumi and gently mix.
- Wash and dry leaves of young spinach.
- Mix spinach and other ingredients only before serving (otherwise the leaves will get wet and become unappetizing). From above you can sprinkle with a thick balsamic vinegar. Salt do not need to be added, because the cheese halloumi is very salty.