I love Thai cuisine! Not too spicy, full of taste and colors. When cooking at home I don’t use chili pepper as we share Thai food with our young kids. So if you love spices just add few chili peppers while marinating shrimps and cooking them in coconut oil. Enjoy!
Coconut shrimps with rice sticks
- 1 kg shrimps
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed and cut
- 5 cm fresh ginger root
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp spring onions
- 1 package of rice sticks Pancit Bihon (227 g)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet plum sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
1. Mix dark soy sauce, sweet chili, oyster, sweet plum and fish sauces for marinade.
2. Clean the ginger and cut it in cubes (with a side about 3 mm). Clean, crash and cut the garlic. Cleaned and washed shrimps mix well with garlic and ginger, then add lemon juice. Set aside for about 15 minutes, then add marinade and leave for another 15 minutes.
3. Put a pan on a medium heat. Pout coconut oil and put marinated shrimps with marinade. Fry it for about 10 minutes. Then pour coconut cream and let it boil. Once it boiling put rice sticks on the top, reduce the heat and cover the lid, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook until rice sticks are soft. For serving sprinkle with spring onions.