Thinking about how to use white cabbage we’ve bought recently I kept in mind few ideas. But when we were face to face to each other, I changed my decision completely. Actually I managed to cook two different meals from the same dish base. Here is one of them.
Few facts: do you know that cabbage is better when cooked? Steamed or gently boiled it releases more carotenoids, which:
1. Boil the potato. Merge the water and let it cool down.
2. Chop the cabbage finely, put into a colander and wash with boiling water. Rinse well and put it into a large bowl.
3. Finely chop the onions and fry in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, heated in a frying pan with 1 tsp of butter. During the frying, add a pinch of salt. As soon as the sharp smell of onions leaves, remove the frying pan from the heat and set aside, so that the onion becomes translucent and sweet.
4. Rub carrots on a small grater.
5. Then return the frying pan with onions to the medium heat, add the carrots and fry, stirring, 2-3 minutes. Then add seasonings to taste: thyme, turmeric, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper. Stir, reduce heat and fry approx. 2-3 minutes.
6. Rub boiled potato on a small grater or let through a press.
7. Chop chicken breast finely with a knife. Put in a bowl with the cabbage. Then add there all the previously prepared ingredients: fried carrots with onions, potatoes, garlic; season with mayonnaise and cornstarch.
8. Knead the forcemeat with the hands, knocking it out so that the meat is fluffy. Let’s stand for 15 minutes.
9. Form small fritters by hand, wetting hands with water. Fry in a frying pan in vegetable oil on both sides until a golden crust is formed.
2013-2022 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved