So, the holidays are over and there is a pleasant aftertaste. It is a time to share our festive menu. After all, it is never too late to do this, because it is suitable for any event, not necessarily a New Year holiday. The dish is called SMØRGÅSTORTA or a sandwich cake.
Originally from Scandinavia, perfectly performs both the main and the supporting role at any feast. Immodest, but keeps the limits of decency. Especially appreciates decorations with red and black caviar, octopus, squid, etc.
The secret of success is BREAD! It must be fermented, best wheat-rye, medium dense consistency (otherwise it will be soaked and too wet).
1. Cut off the crust of bread, and cut it across into several equal layers (I have 6 layers)
2. Spread the ingredients on each layer of bread, creating a huge sandwich.
* Caviar paste + cucumber + dill
* Philadelphia cheese + smoked salmon
* Mayonnaise + crab sticks + parsley
3. Fold the sandwich, coat the sides and top with Philadelphia cheese evenly. Decorate with smoked fish, pickled shrimps, caviar and herbs.
Such a giant sandwich can be with anything, the main thing is to give free rein to your imagination.
Enjoy your meal!
2013-2023 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved