Where do I get inspiration for the recipes? Directly from my fridge!!!! Yesterday I opened my fridge and found a pack of spinach.
My brain started work immediately what could I cook for my kids! The idea came itself – certainly “green” noodles and Farfalle (bow-ties).
Actually the shape can be any! As my kids love pesto flavor I mix together baby spinach and basil leaves. The result is impressing. After cooking this green pasta tastes great and color stays deep green. For serving to intensify the flavor palette I add some olive oil, pesto sauce and parmeggiano reggiano.
1.Wash and dry baby spinach and basil leaves. Blend them with olive oil until smooth consistency.
2. Put some salt. Then add flour gradually and knead the noodles dough until the it is elastic.
3. Lightly massage it, put into the working surface and cover with a hot bowl (just rinse the bowl with some boiling water) and let the dough rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. It will be much more elastic after resting than it was before thanks to gluten activation).
4. Once the dough rests roll it thinly by hands using a long wooden rolling pin, all time dusting with a little flour to avoid sticking to the surface and pin.
5. After the sheet of noodles dough has reached the requisite thickness, shape it by hand or pass the dough through the chosen cutters.
6. Drape the cut noodles over the broom handle (or any other surface) to dry just a little, until ready to cook.
7. Alternatively, you can toss the cut dough lightly in flour and place it ia a resealable plastic bag and stash it in the freezer.
Note: cooking time for fresh and dried pasta very according to the size and quality of the dough. The only way to check it is to taste it.
TOMATO (RED): follow the basic noodles dough recipe, but using 100 ml home-made tomato paste or sun-dried tomato paste to the well in the flour.
BEET (PURPLE): roast 2 medium beets until softened, about 45 min. Let cool. Peel and grate or puree in a food processor. Continue as per the spinach noodles dough recipe.
CARROT (ORANGE): roast 2 carrots until softened, about 30 min. Let cool. Peel and grate or puree in a food processor. Contunue as per the spinach noodles dough recipe.
2013-2023 Copyright © Olga Ocwieja www.inthefamilypot.com All rights reserved