Amazing recipe for pressure cooker.
Lamb stew with pearl barley
- 900 g of stew lamb, cut into large chunks
- 200 g of smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 medium onions, cut in semi-rings
- 5 carrots, cut in chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp dry thyme or a bunch of fresh one
- 100 g of pearl barley
- 850 ml beef stock
- 6 potatoes, cut in chunks
- a knob of butter
- 3 stems of spring onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in the pressure cooker. Fry the bacon approx. 4 minutes, until it becomes crispy. Reduce heat, add lamb and fry approx. 10 minutes until golden brown. Take out the meat with a slotted spoon. In the pressure cooker add onions, carrots, herbs, fry approx 5 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pressure cooker, pour the rinsed barley, pour the broth. Close the lid, bring up to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Then quickly release the pressure.
- Put potatoes on the stew, close the lid, again bring to the maximum pressure and cook for 5 minutes, then gradually release the pressure. Put the butter on the potatoes, sprinkle with spring onions. Serve hot.