It is the next recipe for muffins to lunch-box. This time I use whole grain spelt flour, oats flakes and NO SUGAR.
Like other forms of wheat, spelt contains the gluten protein. At the same time spelt is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese. It has vitamin E and B-complex vitamins (especially niacin).
Thanks to spelt flour the muffins have a mild, slightly sweet and nutty flavor. In fact, food baked with spelt is usually soft and tender.
Mini banana muffins with oats flakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup whole oats flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Mash the bananas and mix them with flour, baking powder and oats flakes. Add egg, oil, salt and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on the cups’ size) or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then carefully remove the muffins to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.