Sometimes it’s good to make, let say, fit diet day. This is the day when I completely exclude products containing gluten, fried, baked, sweet (except for a handful of dried fruits and 1-2 fresh fruits).
Breakfast “in jars” can be prepared in advance and simply stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Their content could be a result of your imagination and the needs of the body. There may be nuts, seeds, berries and fruits, coconut, etc. I do not recommend using ready-to-eat muesli or breakfast cereals here because of the high content of sugar.
(Per 2 servings)
- 300 g low fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. raisins
- 2 small fresh apples
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Fresh berries for decoration
- Cook quinoa in water (1: 2 ratio), until all the water is absorbed into the porridge. Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Peel the apples, grate them on a large grater.
- In small jars put ingredients in layers, as below: yogurt, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, raisins, yogurt, grated fresh apple, quinoa (cooked and chilled), cinnamon, yogurt, fresh berries.
- Close the lid and put in the refrigerator. Before serving, decorate with some berries.